Monday, December 04, 2006

Compassion and resolute regard for reality

dilys said... The gender sideline to the discussion simply underscores the taken-for-granted transgressiveness of the pomo/liberal disdain for conventional boundaries, which may need creative adaptation in occasional situations (what practial Christians call the "pastoral"), but which on the whole provide the cartography of human sanity ("right doctrine").
Your beginning meditation on castes has the most subtle resonance of anything of yours I remember reading. I've been thinking about careers, and "class" for years, and the Myers Briggs, but the way you bring them together here wonderfully combines compassion and resolute regard for reality. Ah reality, where we find the good stuff if we look closely, putting away wishful thinking, envy, and complaint, and receive the embrace of the harness of our respective rickshaws.As my spiritual mentor says, "Heigh ho, I Owe, it's off to work I go!" 12/03/2006 02:32:46 PM
Lisa said... Bob is so far off the ground he does have some sense of un-touch-ability!!!
HV said... Thanks for your praise of the warrior caste. Even though I've been an artisan from day 1, I've always admired the true warrior, because he has mastered the fear of death. This is not an exaggeration, because I've known a number of special forces guys in my life, and that's just how they are. How that works, I have no clue. 12/03/2006 06:53:33 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment